Saturday, February 03, 2007

Writing & Life

I wrote the below in LA a couple months ago and never posted it. It's still a work in progress, but I will be posting some of my learnings here soon. Read on. Enjoy. Comment.

"Been awhile since I made any amount of effort to write anything. Hopefully that changes soon, but I'm a bit of a pessimist knowing the urban fatigue I feel most every day. However, currently I'm in LA for my boy Pat's wedding, so I have a little more energy.

I read some of a book last year that I really enjoyed and then set it down over the summer, only to pick it up again this fall. I'm grateful I put it down then, because it has been ever so timely to read it now. I re-read a few chapters to pick up where I was again and have seen how aptly they apply to my team and ministry.

The book written by Anne Lamott is called Bird By Bird: Some Instructions on Writing and Life, and I love it. So does my team. I have taken them through two chapters so far that I think really apply to us in life and planting movements, and each chapter we go through is a breath of fresh air for us in the midst of the messiness."

More to come soon on our learnings. Once again: Read on. Enjoy. Comment.

No comments: